AutismPositivity2012 Flash Blog Event

Dear “I Wish I Didn’t Have Asperger’s”:

Your internet search tells me you feel isolated and burdened by your Aspereger’s diagnosis.

Today, the Asperger’s community of fellow adults and supportive family members responds to you.

We assemble to give you courage.

Your intensity, sensitivity and logical thinking are gifts.  The sprinkling of autism in humanity lights the way for our neurotypical siblings. Art, science, music, philosophy and literature owe a debt to the autist.

Events that slip through the minds of our neurotypical peers linger with us. These tremors of emotional disturbance push Aspergerians to relentlessly question and seek answers.

Suffering, injustice and misfortune prod us to change the world.

So, today we write for you. The internet is an ocean of Aspies with outstretched arm to buoy you. The waves whisper deeply familiar stories. Every line you read will be a tether, pulling you to a dock with a view.

From where I stand, overlooking the blogs, chats and groups, I see hope and companionship. I see a place for every Aspergerian to tell their story and find the comfort and support they need.

Google again, we’re waiting for you.

Best Wishes,

Lori D.

A Quiet Week in the House

Digital elements: Tumblefish Studio.

Comments

1. Leah Kelley says:

Lovely Lori! I love the line “Google again, we’re waiting for you.” Last night (well early this morning – to be honest) before I went to bed… I did exactly this on my son’s computer. I googled “I wish I didn’t have Aspergers” and I came up with messages of hope + support.

Be the change… we are doing it!

Leah

Thank you Leah! I feel so happy to be a part of this. My fellow bloggers have so much to say! I hope this surge of hope and positivity will echo on in the coming months and we can again meet to provide comfort and advice to another.

2. Love Button! You awesome poet! Love, love, love. Yes. Be the change! Oh, I just saw Angel but love button, too. Hee hee. Great minds think alike. Totally fantastic prose. You rock, Aspie Girl! ~ Sam 😉

How awesome that I followed every thought! Similar minds! 🙂

Thank you for the support! Can’t wait to read yours! 🙂

3. alienhippy says:

“Google again, we’re waiting for you.” I LOVE this line. 🙂
    I love you art work too.
    Love and hugs my friend.
    Lees. xx 🙂

4. Aspergirl Maybe says:

This is wonderful – thank you for sharing it. I wish I had seen this earlier to join in, although right now I have so little energy to put towards anything extra in my life. These posts are very encouraging to me too!

Aspergirl,
      Thank you for the encouragement and for dropping by.Life has been changing greatly for you, and conserving yourself for your family is the most important thing. I wish you the best.